Ep. 11: Intuitive Eating Expert with Evelyn Tribole
Today’s guest is registered dietician, author, speaker, and nutrition expert, Evelyn Tribole. She has written nine books with the latest book she co-authored with Elyse Resch called Intuitive Eating Workbook: Ten Principles for Nourishing a Healthy Relationship with Food. Evelyn’s expertise and passion caught the attention of many and has had hundreds of interviews on TV and in print. She also had her own monthly column in Shape Magazine that went ran for 11 years.
Evelyn joins me today to discuss intuitive eating – what it is, how it’s radically different than dieting, and where to start if you want to understand the principles. Evelyn also sheds light on the differences among health, fullness, and satisfaction and how you can change your mindset so you can be more in tune to the messages your body is sending.
This Week on the Every Body Podcast:
- What inspired Evelyn to research, write, and co-author the book Intuitive Eating
- What makes the act of “listening to the body” difficult for this generation
- Explaining the phenomenon called “Last Supper Eating” and its effects
- The necessary paradigm shift about being healthy regardless of size
- Misinformation about food addiction and sugar addiction
- Evelyn’s views on programs like Overeaters Anonymous
- Where Evelyn hopes to see future research
Where to Begin with Intuitive Eating
- Commit to eating one meal a day without any distractions.
- Aim for satisfaction in your eating experience.
Connect with Evelyn Tribole:
- Intuitive Eating book by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch
- Intuitive Eating Workbook by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch
RATE, SHARE & INSPIRE OTHERS TO LOVE EVERY BODY
Thank you for joining me this week on the Every Body podcast. If you enjoyed this week’s episode, head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave a review to help us spread the word to Every Body!